- A piece of coloured paper
- White paper the size of your frame
- Foam paint brush
- Picture frame
- Fold the coloured paper in half.
- Place your child's hand on the coloured paper with fingers spread so that their thumb and first finger both touch the folded edge of the paper.
- Trace their hand with the pencil then cut it out.
- Lay the silhouette of your child's hand over the white paper.
- Have your child fill the white page with meaningful words. Encourage them to write the words in different directions and in different colours.
- Frame their masterpiece.
Year after year their hand prints will get bigger and their interests and favourites will continually change. By doing this every year they will be able see how they have grown and what was important to them at each stage of their life. Eventually you will be able to create an entire photo wall for them with each of their Hand Silhouette Heart Keepsakes, a true way to make and keep memories!
This was originally a guest post over at The Girl Creative as part of their "Create Memories With Kids" summer series. For even more inspirational ways to create memories with kids this summer, be sure to visit all the amazing projects by clicking on the icon below!