- Tempera Paint - red
- Plain canvas
- Painter's Tape
- Disposable Pie Plate or other vessel for the paint
* If you can't find an inexpensive canvas (I got mine at the dollar store) then you can do this craft on a sheet of white paper and frame it with an inexpensive frame to protect it for years to come.
- Use the painter's tape to mark off the two vertical spaces at the left and right of the canvas that you want to be painted red by your child.
- Have your child use their finger tips to fill in the bulk of the tow vertical spaces you created.
- When the spaces are complete, remove the painter's tape.
- Help your child dip their entire hand into the red paint.
- Carefully press their hand down in the middle of the white space left in the middle to form the 'maple leaf'.
- When it is dry, if your child can write, have them sign their name and date on the corner. Otherwise you can do it for them.
Hang your flag in a place of honor. Happy Canada Day!