- Horses (learn how to make them here)
- Cowboy items to collect - i.e. bundles of hay, sticks for bonfire, bandanas
Note: If all the kids are playing the game at one time, you will need a horse for each child as well as one of each item to collect for each child. Alternatively you can have the children ride in turns or in pairs if you don't have enough horses for them all.
- Put out piles of each item in different areas around the yard.
- Provide each child with a horse.
- When you say 'go' the kids will ride off and collect each one of each item that is scattered in the yard.
- As the children collect the items, they bring them back to the starting line and drop them off then continue to collect the next item.
Note:If you don't have time to make horses for this game, pair up the kids and each can take a turn being the horse while the other is the cowboy riding on his back.