- Plastic Easter eggs
- Large spoons
- Easter baskets
- Bunny ears (optional)
- Pylons (optional)
Object of the Game:
The Easter bunny needs help filling his Easter baskets. Teams will hop relay style while balancing the eggs on their spoons. The team that delivers all the eggs to their basket first wins the game.
- Divide the kids into even groups with 5 or 6 kids on each team.
- Line the kids up at one end of the room and place the Easter baskets on the floor at the opposite end of the room.
- The first child in each group will be handed a plastic spoon, a plastic egg, and a set of bunny ears (if using).
- Hand each of the other children a plastic egg to hold onto.
- When all teams are ready, an adult will yell ‘Go’.
- The first team member must hop to the basket while balancing the egg on the spoon.
- When they drop their egg into the basket they will run back, hand off the bunny ears and the spoon to the next member on their team.
- That child will now complete steps 6 and 7.
- The game is run as a relay with each team member taking their turn to run the course. The winner is the first team to get all of the team member’s eggs in their basket.
- If an egg falls – younger kids can just pick it up and place it back on their spoon and continue. Older kids could be sent back to the start again with their egg to make it more challenging.
- To make the game more challenging you can add pylons to the course that the bunnies must go around while hopping and carrying their eggs.
Throw in a couple of chocolate eggs to weigh down the plastic eggs if they are too light. The kids will get an extra delight if they know they are really delivering chocolate eggs!