Pin the Puck on the Ice
Best for: Ages 1 to 3
- A piece of white construction paper
- Red, blue and black markers
- Black construction paper or construction paper
- NHL team logos (stickers or printouts)
- tape - regular or double sided
Instructions for making the game:
- Draw a large hockey rink on the white construction paper.
- Add a NHL symbol somewhere on the ice rink. This is your target.
- Cut out a circle (puck) for each child invited to the party.
- Glue/stick a different NHL logo on each puck.
- Add a piece of tape on the back of each puck so that a child can stick it to the game board by pressing it on with their hand.
- Hang the ice rink on a wall at an appropriate height for the children coming to the party.
- Provide each child with a hockey puck.
- Have them line up a few feet away from the hockey rink.
- Blindfold the first child and spin them around a few times then guide the child towards the rink.
- The child should stick their puck on the ice rink, trying to get closest to the NHL symbol you placed on the ice.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until all the children have had a turn.
- The puck closest to the NHL symbol is the winner.