Best for: Ages 1 to 3
- one straw cut in half for pair of children
- a piece of string that is 2 x the length of the straw for each pair of children
- Tape (hockey tape is great for this!)
Instructions for making the nets:
- Tape one end of the string to the outside of the first straw.
- Thread the other end of the string through the straw.
- Now thread the string through the second straw.
- Tape the end of the string to the outside of the second straw.
- The net will be flimsy but when the child holds both ends of the straw up and pulls the string taught it creates a perfect net!
- Pair up the party goers.
- One child will hold the net up at the edge of a table.
- The second child has 10 chances to slide a penny across the table to try and score on the net.
- Have the children switch roles so that the second child now gets a chance to try and score on the net.
Tips & Tricks:
- Teams of children can play at the same time so that no child has to be idle.
- If you want to make it more of a treat, you can use smarties instead of pennies and the kids can munch their goals as they score them.