Best for: All ages
The bulk of this activity is something you will need to work on while the kids are busy doing something else (perhaps a game of mini-sticks with dad). It is important to take the photos at the beginning of the party. Perhaps have a ‘photo booth’ set up when each child arrives so you can snap their photo right away.
- Hockey Gear (jersey & stick, and any other gear you want to include)
- Digital camera
- Photo paper or regular paper
- Cardstock or bristol board
- Have each child come in a hockey jersey or have them take turns putting on one you provide.
- Take a photo of each child posing in the jersey with a hockey stick in front of a plain background. Be sure to take the photo vertically!
- Ask each child a few quick interview questions that you can put on the back of each card; example: Name, Age, Favourite Team, Favourite Number, Favourite Player, Favourite Food
- When all the photos are taken, upload them to your computer and print them each at the 3 ½ x 5 inch size for a standard hockey card size or 4 x 6 inch for photo paper size.
- Glue the photo onto bristol board to give the cards a bit more strength. Cut each card out.
- Type or write out the interview answers for each child on the back of their photos.
Tips and Tricks:
- If you are making multiple cards so that each child goes home with a whole team set, type the answers to the interview questions out and print one for each card.
- If you are only making 1 of each card to give to the child, have them write their answers on the back.
- If you are making team sets and want to save time and ink, choose the 'wallet' sized option when printing and you will get two mini-cards on each piece of 4 x 6 photo paper.