Closest to the Wall
Best for: Ages 5 to 8
- 15 – 20 hockey cards per child
- A wall
- Hand out the cards to each child.
- Pair up the children and have them sit about 8-10 feet away from the wall.
- Each child takes a turn flicking a card towards the wall.
- The card that is closest to the wall ‘scores’ and that child takes both cards.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until one child has all the cards in their pile.
- You can play this like a round robin so that you don’t have a lot of kids sitting and waiting around. Have groups of pairs play each other. The winners of the first round play each other in the second round, etc. Continue until you have one winner.
Tips and tricks:
- To make the game less about one child winning you can have each child choose a team that they are representing. That way it is The Leafs vs. The Red Wings instead of Billy vs. Johnny.
- If the distance to flick the cards seems too easy, move the kids back a bit. If the distance to flick the cards is too hard, move them a bit closer to the wall.
- At the end re-distribute the cards to the children so they all go home with the same number. These can be included in a loot bag.