The kids and their friends made these for a charity fundraiser. They were a HUGE hit. We are going to make more as gifts this holiday because everyone loves cookies! These cookies are loaded with chocolate and festive looking with the addition of the red and green M&M's.
Santa's Favourite Christmas Cookies: (approx. 24 cookies)
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oats (not instant)
- 3/4 cup red and green M&Ms
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 – 1/2 white chocolate chips
- 1 egg (slightly beaten)
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350C.
- Stir all the dry ingredients(first 10 ingredients) in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the egg, butter and vanilla into the dry ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Roll the dough into 1 1/2 inch balls and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake between 8 and 10 minutes.
To make Santa's Favourite Cookie Gift Jars:
Layer the ingredient as follows in a 1 Litre mason jar.
- First: flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt
- Second: oats
- Third: red and green M&M's
- Fourth: semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Fifth: brown sugar
- Sixth: white sugar
- Seventh: white chocolate chips
- Roll a piece of paper into a funnel and use it to pour the ingredients into the jars.
- Pack each level down really tightly by tapping firmly on the bottom of the jar with your hand.
- The ingredients should be flush to the top of the lid when you seal it up so use more or less of the white chocolate chips to fill the space at the top of the jar. These are really a bonus ingredient so you can modify the amount to fit the jar.
- Include a label with instructions on the jar.
Download the PDF tags here!
What are your traditional cookies to bake at Christmas? Do you leave them out for Santa?