These scones are a little less common than the traditional cookies in a jar and make a wonderful gift for teachers and friends. By putting the dry ingredients together, you have made a daunting recipe simple for those who receive it.
Cranberry & White Chocolate Scones: (approx. 6 scones)
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups old-fashioned oats (not instant)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cups dried cranberries
- 1 cup of white chocolate chips
- 1 egg (slightly beaten)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 425C.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir the dry ingredients(first 5 ingredients) in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix the egg, butter and milk in a separate bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Stir until just moistened.
- Mix in dried cranberries
- Scoop 1/2 inch balls of dough and place on the baking sheet a few inches apart.
- Bake about 15 minutes, until light brown.
- Cool on a rack.
To make Cranberry & White Chocolate Scone Gift Jars:
Layer the ingredient as follows in a 1 Litre mason jar.
- First: flour
- Second: oats
- Third: sugar
- Fourth: baking powder
- Fifth: salt
- Sixth: white chocolate chips
- Seventh: place cranberries in a small plastic bag and lay on top of the dry ingredients
- Roll a piece of paper into a funnel and use it to pour the ingredients into the jars.
- Pack each level down really tightly by tapping firmly on the bottom of the jar with your hand.
- Include a label with instructions on the jar.
Download the PDF tags here!
Do you have a traditional Christmas morning breakfast year after year?