Some mornings I wake up and my hair just looks a little too greasy for my liking. It's not really dirty but just a little limp around the roots. The ends definitely don't need another wash (yes, maybe a little over-processing there) but the roots are crying out for help. I know there are a million dry shampoos on the market and I've tried a few but in all honesty, nothing has worked better for me, this solution is inexpensive and always on hand. The key is cornstarch.
So, here's how it works.
- I take my box of cornstarch, sprinkle a little on my brush.
- Turn my head upside down so my hair is hanging towards the floor
- Start brusing from the back of my head forward*
- Flip my head back up and brush into my hair into place
* That way if I have a little too much cornstarch on the brush it doesn't end up thick at my hairline or sprinkled on my face.
The bonus for me is that I have pretty thin hair and this tends to give me a thicker look. It also makes my hair much easier to style.
I've tried with baby powder too and while I love the smell, it tends to leave my hair full of electric static which is then a new problem I have to deal with. Cornstarch is the secret recipe to my "quickie" morning hair routine for sure.
Here's to great looking hair and a morning quickie!